Sherry is also the founder & CEO of .orgSource, which provides associations and nonprofits with management consulting services specializing in using technology and digital/content strategy to advance their organizations
- Possesses more than 20 years of nonprofit leadership and executive consulting experience–advising more than 200 organizations in using technology to transform their operations and enhance value to their customers.
- Served as the associate executive director of IT and web services for a major medical association as well as COO of its for-profit subsidiary company, assisting more than 150 associations with website development.
- Project managed one of the first – if not the first – association websites, transcended Y2K, advised organizations through the “.com” era, moved to the cloud, and now is studying “what’s next.”
- Sherry actively participates in the association community as an industry partner, volunteer leader, author and speaker for organizations, including:
- Wisconsin Society of Association Executives
- Association Forum
- American Society of Association Executives
- Illinois Society for Association Executives
- American Association of Medical Society Executives
- Most recently served as a member of the WSAE Education Task Force and the Association Forum’s Forum Forward Task Force
- Guided Association Forum through her leadership as chair of the 2014-15 Information Technology Shared Interest Group, member of the FORUM Editorial Working Group for five terms, and member of the Holiday Showcase Program Advisory Working Group, Content Committee, Awards & Recognition Committee, and Professional Practices Committee.
- Recipient of the Association Forum’s 2010 John C. Thiel Distinguished Service Award, which is given annually to an individual who has demonstrated consistent and significant contributions to the association community on a volunteer basis.
- Contributed to ASAE’s best-selling membership book, Membership Essentials (ASAE 2016 and 2007 editions)