- This event has passed.
Association Data Summit
Sponsors: .orgSource and Gravitate Solutions
Location: American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists - 409 12th Street SW, Washington, DC
Date: Jan 30th 2020 from 2:00PM – 4:30PM ET; Networking: 4:30-5PM ET
Cost: $49 per person; $75 for two from the same organization
CAE Credits: anticipated 2.5 Hours
Session 1- Laying the Foundation: Being a Data-Guided Association
2:15 - 3:15PM
Seasoned association leaders and entrepreneurs, Sherry Budziak and Kevin Ordonez have the expertise to identify problems. Authors of two books, Positions For Success in an Era of Disruption and An Entrepreneurial Approach to Risk, Courage and Transformation, they believe leading change and being proactive drives organizational growth
Session Description: Gain a high-level perspective on how data optimally flows through an association to meet member/customer needs and support decision-making to achieve goals.
• Explore the types of data used by associations and determine where the association falls in the evolutionary scale of collecting and utilizing data.
• Understand the types of questions associations need to ask themselves to ensure future success of being a data-guided organization.
Session 2 - Actually Doing It: Creating Actionable Insights with Data Analytics
3:15 - 4:30PM
• Galina Kozachenko - Managing Director, Strategy, Analytics & Technology, Association of Financial Professionals
• Vidya Gadang – PhD, Senior Data Analyst, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
• Tim Ward – CEO and Chief Data Scientist, Gravitate Solutions
Session Description: this will be an intensely practical how-to session explaining how to gather and act upon data-driven insights. Led by two association professionals who do this themselves every single day, elements will include:
1) how to formulate a data hypothesis
2) how to build a data set
3) how to analyze data and reach actionable conclusions
4) how to prepare an action plan
This unique program will equip you with concrete approaches you can apply in your everyday decision-making to advance your association and your career.